COVID Health and Safety Protocols for our Centers:
- Parents now drop off and pick up their children at the main entrance of each center. A scheduled runner escorts the children to their classroom and ensures initial handwashing has been completed. Sign-in sheets are now kept in the front lobby and staff will sign the children in and out.
- We do not allow outside deliveries into our centers so that we can control the amount of people in and out of the center and minimize exposure. If we do need to let any outside vendors in, they will undergo a health screening prior to entering the center.
- We have marked 6-foot spaces outside of our main entrances to ensure parents are keeping an appropriate distance when waiting to drop off or pick up their children.
Staff and children have their temperatures taken upon entry and thermometers are cleaned between each use. Additionally, we ask specific health screening questions to our staff upon the start of their shift to determine if they have had any exposure or risk of exposure.
- Our staff completes a thorough “high touch” cleaning list three times a day. This includes areas like door handles, the front desk, bathrooms, and sinks.
We are spraying down all outside toys and the ropes the children use when they go up to the playground with Lysol. (It is left to dry prior to letting the children touch it.)
- All staff who work with children directly put on a clean apron over their clothes upon arrival. We provide KN95 masks for staff, so they have appropriate PPE available to use throughout the center.
- We have limited our staff room to only two people at a time. Staff will wear masks at all time unless there are eating or drinking.
- Hand-washing logs are up at every sink and teachers document when children are washing hands throughout the day.
- An illness log is maintained for staff and children. If a child or staff member is sent home, we log and track the illnesses for trends.
- We have purchased garbage cans that are used for touched toys. After a toy is played with, it goes in the garbage can and is cleaned during naptime or during classroom closing procedures. We use a strict three-step cleaning schedule for all classroom surfaces, toys and furniture. We have also implemented a morning and afternoon rotation systems for toys.
- No family-style meal service in any classroom. All food is served with gloved hands.
- We spray the toilets and sinks with bleach after using the staff bathrooms, and children’s bathrooms are now cleaned four times daily.
- All filters in our air systems have been replaced and adjusted so there is more we airflow inside the building.
- No sharing of sensory items such as playdough, water play, kinetic sand. Individual sensory bins have been made for each child.
- Teachers will continue to encourage children to keep additional space between them (this is very difficult with young children, but we do our best). Children are also distanced during lunch, naps, and table activities. Teachers are encouraged to keep six feet distance whenever possible.
- We have temporarily paused tooth brushing for children.
- Gloved hands must be used for nose-wiping and face cleaning.
KidsCentre recognizes that teachers are the backbone of America, now more than ever. Families can have peace of mind knowing that their children are safe and cared for, but more so that their child’s school has a heightened awareness of well-being and surroundings. KidsCentre has linked arms with our staff so they feel safe and cared for while at work, providing a much-needed service for our families.
- Provided staff with PPE masks at no cost.
- Provided staff with gloves for transit.
- Provided staff with preventative training on new policies and procedures.
- Provided staff with hydration and supplement supplies to increase healthy behaviors and immunes systems.
- Provided staff with no-cost counseling services designed to ease stress and anxiety.
- Company closure for 3 weeks, to ensure the health of employees while maintaining 100% pay and benefits during COVID-19 surge
- Telework opportunities including Zoom, one-on-one calls, and conferences.
- Flexible schedules during the first two weeks of re-opening to safely ease back into work.
- Parking available for those who do not feel comfortable taking transit services.
KidsCentre responded swiftly in response to COVID-19, as such we offered our families additional benefits to ease the stress and strain of this pandemic by offering the following program additions.
- Provided all families with distant learning options during school closures.
- Offered one on one circle time and activities with children while at home.
- Offered substantial tuition discounts to families to help ease the financial strain.
- Offered to waive all enrollment termination fees and terms for families that were laid off during the crisis.
To our Families – We fully recognize that it’s been so difficult not to be able to come inside our hard our centers to witness first-hand all of our enhanced health and safety practices and protocls. We hope this glimpse into our day-to-day practices assures you that we are committed to keeping your children safe and healthy.